Loss and Damage Policy
- There is no insurance built into the price of the rental. The cost of insurance is NZD $10 per day, if chosen this covers repairable damage, which includes:
–Base Work and P-Tex
– Tunes and edge sharpening
– Base patches
– Core shots
– Broken sidewall/edge
- If there is extensive damage from misuse of equipment, but can be fixed, the minimum cost of a full tune is charged.
- If equipment is damaged beyond repair or lost/stolen, the payable insurance excess is 14-days rental for that particular item.
Examples of non-repairable damage include:
– Excessive base damage from misuse of equipment, such as skiing/boarding in heavily rocky areas/off piste.
– Snapped ski or snowboard
– Cracked top sheet
If the non-repairable damage is deemed a product fault which can be claimed by Snowboard Workshop as a warranty from the supplier, no charge will be required from the customer.
- Normal wear and tear on all rental equipment will not incur a charge.
Refund, Amendment and Cancellation Policy
- A refund can be provided for cancellations of booking and hire made direct to Snowboard Workshop, however a $25.00 admin fee will inccur.
- Bookings through third party providers will not be eligible for an early return refund, please contact them directly to see if a refund can be given.
- All cancellations or amendments must be made at least 48 hours before the pick up date.
- All Internet bookings must be made no later than 2 days prior to the pick up date to guarantee availability.
Personal Liability and Injury
All customers must agree to the following personal liability and injury policy when renting equipment from Snowboard Workshop. Customers renting equipment are referred to ‘The Hirer’ for the purposes of this policy:
- The Hirer (customer) understands the information contained therein and warrants, agrees and accepts the information provided by him or her is true and correct.
- The Hirer also understands, warrants, agrees and accepts that the ski or snowboard boot-binding system of any ski or snowboard equipment has been adjusted and set based on the information provided by the hirer.
- The Hirer further understands, warrants, agrees and accepts that the ski or snowboard-binding system equipment will not release at all times or under all conditions or in all circumstances and that Snowboard Workshop, its employees, affiliates or agents cannot and will not guarantee or indemnify the safety of the Hirer or any third (3rd) party. All snow sports (skiing, snowboarding, touring, tobogganing) carry the risk of injury and damage to property and that risk is reduced but not eliminated by correct bindings, the use of wrist guards and an approved helmet.
- The Hirer understands, warrants, agrees and accepts that there are inherent risks of injury involved in using the equipment hired and where such injury arises the Hirer will indemnify and keep indemnified Snowboard Workshop, its employees, affiliates and agents from all actions, suits, claims for damage and demands for personal injury, loss or damage sustained by the Hirer or any person named in these terms and conditions or any third (3rd) party.
- The Hirer confirms, understands, acknowledges and accepts that in the event where personal injury, loss or damage to either the Hirer or any third (3rd) party arises out of the use of such equipment, it is the responsibility of the Hirer to make good such personal injury, loss or damage.
- The Hirer agrees that any outstanding money owing that has not been settled before the Hirer returns the equipment can later be charged to the Hirer’s credit card at Snowboard Workshop’s discretion.